6 W’s can help you define your organizationâ€¦
- Who are we? – Vision and Value structure
- Where are we going? – Strategic intend
- How will we get there? – Tactical action plan
- When will it happen? Time Line
- Why are we doing it? – Legitimizes
- What’s my role? – Personalizes the activities
To be a great leader â€¦
- Get good people
- Create positive work environment
- Give tools to do work
- Have courage to let your employees fail
Celebrate successes of your employees
Step 1: Write assumptions used to make decisions
Step 2: Identify Killer assumptions
-> Perform what if analysis.
Step 3: Find a blockage strategy for competitors
-> Based on Killer assumptions
Following are few lessons we can learn from Unsuccessful Leaders:
- Ignored to a notable flaw
- Untested areas emerge
- Fail at relationship/transition
- Over reliance on particular skills
- Lazy learners
- Narrow leadership perspective
Following are few key lessons learnt from successful leaders.
- Seek & receive more feedback
- Manage a high variety of “On the job” Challenges
- Experience a zigzag career
- Many firsts and occasional failures
- Learn new skills and ways of thinking
The size of leader can be determined by the length of their ambitions, the breath of their vision, the depth of their conviction and the reach of their love.
—D. N. Jackson
Following are steps to solve any problem.
- Market Research
- Internet Research
- Facilitated Group Sessions
- Process Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- <value net>
- <5 Forces>
- Team Brainstorming
- Client/Consultant Brainstorming
- Progress Reviews
- Use of Firm Methodologies
- One-On-One Feedback
- Progress Reporting
- Graphic Feedback
- Final Presentation
- Action Plan
Following is a problem solving framework.
Defining Goals is first step to solving problems. Following is a framework to define goals.
S1Â Â Â Â something you want to change
Should be one statement or max 1 para.. Should focus on current state of problem. What problem are we solving?
S2Â Â Â Â will be produced at the end of support
Where will we endâ€¦ This is easy implementation or objectiveâ€¦
BÂ Â Â Â what you will gain at S2