Bruce Nussbaum has recommendation for 10 books on innovation. I think it is a great list.
Here goes for the 10 top books on innovation for 08:
1- The Opposable Mind: How Successful Leaders Win Through Integrative Thinking by Roger L. Martin.
2- Prophet of Innovation: Joseph Schumpeter and Creative Destruction by Thomas K. McCraw.
3- Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing Out of Sync? Seth Godin.
4- The Design of Future Things by Don Norman.
5-Innovation Nation by John Kao.
6- Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams.
7-The Future of Management by Gary Hammel.
8- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die, by Chip Heath and Dan Heath.
9- The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda.
10- Everyday Engineering: What Engineers See, by Andrew Burroughs.
NussbaumOnDesign 10 Best Books On Innovation To Get You Through The Recession. – BusinessWeek
Businessweek also has another article predicting 10 things that may happen in 2008. Another good read and interesting stuff. Following is the list. Please read the detailed article by following the link below.
- Green Crisis
- Airline Consolidation Begins
- Bloomberg’s Historic Run
- Bye-bye, CDs
- Facebook Fatigue
- Finally, Internet TV
- The Biggest Bribe Penalty Ever
- Web Crash 2.0
- Crude Oil Will Top $100
- Big Brother Fears Return
Ten Likely Events in 2008
Read a good article on businessweek.com. They have predicted 10 things that won’t happen. It is amazing because people like to predict things that will happen. Here is it other way round but it is really interesting stuff. Following are the predictions. Please read the detailed article by following the link below.
- The writers won’t win the current strike
- DreamWorks isn’t going to leave Paramount after all
- Apple won’t reinvent TV viewing
- Juno won’t win an Academy Award
- Google (GOOG) won’t buy a media company
- Indiana Jones won’t be the biggest film of 2008
- Katie Couric won’t quit
- The Disney-Pixar deal won’t implode, Part Three
- Fox Business News won’t close shop
- MGM won’t be the first Hollywood studio to get sold
Ten Things That Won’t Happen in 2008