We launched BizTalk RFID 2009 operations guide. It is a great document if you are thinking of deploying BizTalk RFID in your environment.
Welcome to the first edition of the Microsoft® BizTalk® Server RFID Operations Guide. We created this guide to be a valuable resource for anyone involved in the implementation and administration of a BizTalk Server RFID solution.
To download a copy of this guide in .chm or .docx form, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=158724.
Which Versions of BizTalk Server RFID Does the Guide Cover?
This guide is primarily for the BizTalk Server RFID product that is released as part of Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009. Even though most of the guidance applies to BizTalk Server RFID that was released as part of BizTalk Server 2006 R2, the guide uses the new platform changes wherever applicable.
What’s in It?
This document applies to the operational readiness phase in the solution life cycle management of the project. The operational readiness phase precedes deployment to production. It consists of a set of tasks for ensuring a stable operating environment. It is targeted toward system administrators responsible for BizTalk Server RFID (server computers and RFID devices), DBAs responsible for the SQL servers used by BizTalk Server RFID, and developers involved with maintaining the infrastructure and solution. This document assumes that the BizTalk Server RFID solution has already been validated in a Pilot stage and is prepared for deployment to production.
Key portions of this guide are new; however, a considerable portion consists of documentation taken from BizTalk Server RFID Help, white papers, Knowledge Base articles, and other sources. It has been reviewed and evaluated by experts from the community of BizTalk Server IT professionals and members of the product development team, whom we gratefully acknowledge at the end of this topic. We believe that the information presented here will help BizTalk Server RFID users solve—and above all, avoid—many of the common problems that can occur while deploying and maintaining a BizTalk Server RFID installation.
Interesting! Where Do I Start?
We organized the guide according to the functional aspects of planning, deploying, and managing a BizTalk Server RFID installation. You can therefore read it according to these functional aspects. If you are performing the following tasks, you can start with the related sections:
- Evaluating operational readiness. If you are focused on assessing and evaluating the operational readiness of a BizTalk Server RFID deployment, then start by reading the Operations Checklists section.
- Becoming operationally ready. To ensure that your BizTalk Server RFID infrastructure and applications become operationally ready, refer to the Planning the Environment for BizTalk Server RFID section.
- Managing the operational environment. Most of the topics in this operations guide assist you in managing and maintaining an operational BizTalk Server RFID environment. You will find best practices, key concepts, and procedures for maintaining an operational environment in Managing BizTalk Server RFID and Monitoring BizTalk Server RFID.
Author: Rama Ramani (Microsoft)
Editor: Mary Browning (Microsoft)
- Mark Simms (Microsoft)
- Rohan Makhija (Microsoft)
- Ravi Vankamamidi (S3Edge)
- Clint Tennill (Xterprise)
- Damir Dobric, Andreas Erben (daenet)
- Mick Badran (Breeze, BizTalk Server MVP)
- Petr Kratochvil (Microsoft)
- Ewan Fairweather (Microsoft)
- Quoc Bui (Microsoft)
- Douglas Trimble (The Boeing Company)
- Robert Auston (Vail Resorts Management Company)
- Luke Rennells (Bank of America N.A.)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.