Aggregate project plan enables management to improve the way it manages the development function.
Following are eight steps of an aggregate project plan
- Define project types as either breakthrough, platform, derivative, R&D or partnered projects
- Identify existing projects and classify them by project type
- Estimate average time and resources for each project type based on earlier experience
- Identify existing resource capacity
- Determine the desired mix of projects
- Estimate the number or projects that existing resources can support
- Decide which specific projects to pursue
- Work to improve development capabilities
Source: Creating project plans to focus Product Development by Steve C. Wheelwright and Kim B. Clark (HBR: 92210)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.