“Satisfied customers are not enough as they can switch to competitors on first opportunity, We need customers who are raving fans”
Following are key takeawaysâ€¦ Three steps to creating Raving fans are
- Decide what you want
Define a vision
- Discover what customers want
- Know what to ignore when they tell you what they want
- Know when to tell customers to take their needs to someone else
- Identify limits of your vision
- Your vision and customer’s vision should merge/fit.
Listen to customers
- Customer’s say one thing and mean another. Listen to hidden meaning.
- No feedback is bad
- “Fine” is not good enough
Deliver vision plus 1 percent
- Consistency is key
- Focus on few thing and do them well every time
- Don’t drive expectation down, drive delivery up
- Exceed the expectations consistently
- Systems are key to consistency
- Systems are not rules. Rules create robots.
- Systems are pre determined way of achieving results
- Emphasis has to be on achieving results not following the system.Â
Other key take away are:
- Track customers needs,
- Increase speed of delivery of service,
- Provide customers tools to help themselves,
- Provide suggestions to customers to help do their tasks better and quicker
- Differentiate yourself from others
- Be flexible and focus on results.
It is an interesting book. The way author narrates the story is a bit weird. It is a quick read. I was able to read it in couple of hours.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.